Director of Bioanalytical Sciences (Beijing)
Location: Beijing, China
Employment Type: Full Time
Biocytogen Pharmacology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals. The Bioanalytical Scientist will be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of scientific, leadership, collaboration work, and management experience who plays a key leadership role in the Translational Biology and Bioanalytical (TBB) team. The Scientist will provide scientific, technical, and strategic leadership and oversight the bioanalytical sciences deliverables focusing on antibody therapy portfolio, spanning early discovery research through IND enabling studies to enable advancement of drug candidates. The Scientist will apply their experience in bioanalytical assay development, assay qualification and validation, as well as experience in sample analysis, to lead a team of high-level scientists. The Scientist will be expected to directly contribute to data generation and team management within antibody therapy modalities. The Scientist will be expected to contribute to the authoring and compiling of key regulatory documents as well as possible communications with regulatory and health authorities (FDA, EMA, etc.). The Scientist will also be measured by their ability to scale their team while continually optimizing productivity, revenue.
- The primary responsibilities of this role will be to provide leadership in the areas of bioanalytical and biomarker assays of nonclinical and clinical samples.
- The candidate will contribute to the bioanalytical team building, the expansion of the bioanalytical assay portfolio to align with multiple preclinical and clinical program needs, based on the company’s proprietary antibody technology focused on immune oncology, inflammatory and immune / autoimmune diseases.
- The Bioanalytical Scientist will participate on project teams to define and execute bioanalytical and biomarker strategies using various technical platforms (including MSD. Luminex, cell-based and LC/MS assays, etc.).
- The Bioanalytical Scientist will lead project specific activities to establish bioanalytical and quantitative pharmacokinetic assays and pharmacodynamically relevant biomarker assays, immunogenicity / anti-drug antibody assays, drug safety and toxicity assays, providing nonclinical and clinical endpoint data for drug candidates.
- In addition to assay development and sample analysis, the scientist will provide mentorship of other members of the team in assay design, implementation, troubleshooting and sample analysis. He /she will oversee assay transfer, assay validation and sample analyses.
- The position requires critical data analysis and effective data presentation across the various technical platforms used by the group, and representation of the TBB group on cross-functional teams.
- The candidate must have excellent documentation skills, and contributing to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reports and publications.
- As the TBB group interacts closely with other groups in the organization, the candidate will contribute to transparent and reliable cross-functional collaboration.
Required skills and Experience
- Ph.D. in immunology, bioanalytical Sciences or related field
- 5-8 years of bioanalytical experience within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of drug development process and related regulations
- Experience with MSD. Luminex, cell-based assay, LC/MS and HPLC techniques
- Strong knowledge of biologics characterization techniques
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Experience leading a bioanalytical team
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | [email protected]|