Director/Senior Director for Antibody Discovery
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
This position will guide efforts in the generation of antibody lead candidates derived from antibody discovery and antibody engineering/optimization platforms for the development of novel therapeutics. The Director/Senior of Antibody Generation & Engineering will manage a team of scientists to support therapeutic antibody discovery programs which focus on immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases. This position requires expertise in antibody generation, screening, engineering and optimization, hybridoma and phage/mammalian display platform technologies, and drugability assessment for lead candidates.
- Provide strong leadership to a group of 4-5 scientists (PhD and non-PhD) committed to generating therapeutic antibody candidates for treating cancer or autoimmune diseases
- Lead antibody discovery and engineering activities including implementing the best strategies to generate, screen and optimize antibody candidates with good in vivo efficacy and manufacturability
- Responsible for identifying and implementing new antibody engineering technologies.
- Work closely with antibody discovery teams as well as scientists in other teams to support antibody discovery, preclinical, and translational efforts and to ensure that project timelines and goals are met
- Collaborate with other groups to abstract key results and provide regular project status updates to the management team.
- Evaluate technology platforms and antibody discovery companies for potential partnering or licensing opportunities
Required skills and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering, immunology or related field
- 8+ yrs industry experience in antibody generation and engineering with expertise in antibody drug discovery and optimization including through use of antibody affinity maturation display technology
- Experience with antibody technology platforms including hybridoma, genetically modified (humanized) mouse models, and display platforms
- Proven track record of leading, coaching and developing high functioning teams to identify, screen and engineer novel therapeutic antibodies from discovery to IND
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | email@example.com|