in vitro Pharmacology Research Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Research Associate will be to develop and perform in vitro and ex vivo cellular and/or biochemical assays and expand company’s assay capabilities in immunology, immuno-oncology and oncology. In addition, the incumbent will assist and support in vivo pharmacological studies using animal models, including establishing and characterizing existing and new animal models.
- This hands-on position requires scientific training and laboratory skills in one or multiple areas of immunology, immuno-oncology, oncology, cell biology, and molecular biology.
- The incumbent will develop, perform, interpret, and troubleshoot a broad range of in vitro assays including immune cell profiling, cytokine profiling, functional assays using primary cells, as well as cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays using primary and/or cultured cells.
- He/she will innovate and expand our assay portfolio by identifying, evaluating, and implementing new assay technologies through literature research, academic collaborations, and adaptation from other groups within the company.
- He/she is also expected to effectively present both internally at team and departmental meetings and externally to collaborators and scientific communities.
- M.S. with over 3 years’ or BA/BS with over 5 years’ academic or industry experience in immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in cell biology, biochemistry, and/or molecular biology, in particular assay development and execution, is required. This includes cell-based assays, tissue culture, biochemical assay technologies, and protein and RNA expression analysis.
- Experience in primary immune cell-based assays is strongly preferred.
- Experience in flow cytometry (FACS) analysis is preferred.
- Experience with cell proliferation and killing assays, using a variety plate-reader-based and/or flow-based methodologies is desired.
- Experience with small animal handling, drug administration, blood and tissue collection is preferred.
- Collaborative team player. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, within teams, with internal and external collaborators. Strong organizational skills. Maintain research data and records with highest integrity. Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | [email protected]|