Research scientist and associate for in vitro studies
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Research Scientist/Associate will be to develop and perform in vitro and ex vivo cellular and/or biochemical assays and expand company’s assay capabilities in immunology, immuno-oncology and oncology. In addition, the incumbent will assist and support in vivo pharmacological studies using animal models, including establishing and characterizing existing and new animal models.
- This hands-on position requires strong scientific training and laboratory skills in the immunology, immuno-oncology and oncology, as well as expertise in and dedication to innovative assay development and implementation.
- The incumbent is expected to independently develop, perform, interpret, and troubleshoot a broad range of in vitro assays including immune cell profiling in blood and tissues, functional assays using primary cells such as T cells, NK cells and macrophages, cytokine profiling, as well as cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays using primary and/or cultured cells.
- He/she will innovate and expand our assay portfolio by identifying, evaluating, and implementing new assay technologies through literature research, academic collaborations, and adaptation from other groups within the company.
- He/she is also expected to effectively present both internally at team and departmental meetings and externally to collaborators and scientific communities.
Required skills and Experience:
- BA/BS with over 5 years, M.S. with over 3 years, or Ph.D. graduate with 0-3 years’ academic or industry experience in biological sciences, immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology.
- Extensive experience in cell biology, biochemistry, and/or molecular biology. This includes broad tissue culture expertise, biochemical assay technologies, and protein and RNA expression analysis.
- Expertise in flow cytometry (FACS) analysis of cell surface expression in cultured cells and isolated human or rodent primary cells.
- Experience in quantitative determination of cytokine levels using biochemical and molecular techniques including but not limited to ELISA, Western, and qPCR. Experience with multiplexed technologies is a plus.
- Experience in isolating, culturing, and functionally characterizing subsets of immune cells from human or rodent blood and tissues is strongly desired.
- Experience in cell-based immunological assays, such as T cell activation, T cell and NK cell-mediated toxicity, macrophage phagocytosis, and immune cell differentiation, is preferred.
- Experience with cell proliferation and killing assays, using a variety plate-reader-based and/or flow-based methodologies is preferred. Other preferred cellular skills include fluorescence microscopy, 3D cell culture, and primary tumor cell culture and characterization.
- Experience with small animal handling, drug administration, blood withdrawals, tissue collection, primary cell preparation is preferred.
- Innovative and independent in experimental design, execution, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborative team player. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, within teams, with internal and external collaborators. Strong organizational skills. Maintain research data and records with highest integrity. Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | email@example.com|