Scientist / Senior Scientist for in vivo Pharmacology
Location: Boston, MA
Employment Type: Full Time
Biocytogen Boston in vivo Team is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, highly motivated in vivo Pharmacologist to execute relevant disease models to support preclinical research services for biotech or pharma companies. The successful candidate will be a strategic key member of a fast-paced and expanding CRO company in evaluating novel therapeutics agents for clients. The ideal candidate will contribute extensively with hands-on in vivo experience and experiments and will have a future opportunity to manage 1-3 research associates to generate robust pharmacological and disease relevant biological data for customers.
- Planning, design, and development of animal models and detailed protocols to test the biological efficacy of therapeutic agents for clients.
- Support BD/Sales team to engage with the potential clients for their project planning as either project manager or study director.
- Lead and carry out in vivo service projects for clients.
- Design and carry out internal model build projects and various humanized mouse model characterization and validation.
- Design and perform preclinical studies with troubleshooting ability and being able to guide junior associates.
- Present and update results clearly and concisely to clients.
- Prepare summary data for internal discussion and reports to higher level administrator(s)
- Hire, mentor, train and professionally develop research associates.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in pharmacology, immunology, cancer biology or related field in Biomedical Sciences with minimum 3+ years of academic or biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Extensive relevant research experience using animal models as evidenced in publications is required.
- Great hands-on experience with syngeneic mouse tumor models with expertise in drug administration, tumor cell culture, tumor cell inoculation, tumor measurement, blood and tissue collections.
- Proficiency in establishing in vivo PK/PD models and providing PK/PD service is required.
- Proven track record of managing team or projects in industry or academic labs.
- Experience in isolation and profiling analysis of primary cells, especially immune cells from tumors and tissues, is desirable.
- Extensive surgical skills in rodents with more than one therapeutic area are desirable.
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | email@example.com|