Scientist/Sr. Scientist for in vitro Pharmacology
Employment Type: Full Time
The primary responsibilities of the Research Scientist will be to develop and perform in vitro and ex vivo cellular and/or biochemical assays and expand company’s assay capabilities in immunology, immuno-oncology and oncology. In addition, the incumbent will assist and support in vivo pharmacological studies using animal models, including establishing and characterizing existing and new animal models.
- This hands-on position utilizes scientific training and laboratory skills in immunology, immuno-oncology and oncology.
- The incumbent will independently develop, perform, interpret, and troubleshoot a broad range of in vitro assays including immune cell profiling in blood and tissues, functional assays using primary cells such as T cells, NK cells, and macrophages, cytokine profiling, as well as cytotoxicity/apoptosis assays using primary and/or cultured cells.
- He/she will innovate and expand our assay portfolio by identifying, evaluating, and implementing new assay technologies through literature research, academic collaborations, and adaptation from other groups within the company.
- He/she is also expected to effectively present both internally at the team and departmental meetings and externally to collaborators and scientific communities.
Required skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. graduate with 0-3 years’ academic or industry experience in immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology.
- Experience in cell-based immunological assays, such as T cell activation, T cell and NK cell-mediated toxicity, macrophage phagocytosis, and immune cell differentiation, is preferred.
- Experience in cell biology, biochemistry, and/or molecular biology is also desirable.
- Expertise in flow cytometry (FACS) analysis is preferred.
- Experience in the quantitative determination of cytokine levels using biochemical and molecular techniques including but not limited to ELISA, Western, and qPCR. Experience with multiplexed technologies is a plus.
- Experience in rodent animal handling, such as drug administration via multiple routes, blood and tissue collection is desired.
- Experience with small animal handling, drug administration, blood withdrawals, tissue collection, primary cell preparation is preferred.
- Collaborative team player. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, within teams, with internal and external collaborators. Strong organizational skills. Maintain research data and records with the highest integrity. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | [email protected]|