Senior Scientist-Antibody Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Biocytogen Boston in Wakefield, Boston, is seeking a motivated Senior Scientist to join our Antibody Discovery group. The individual will support the antibody discovery services for the antibody engineering platforms to generate high-quality antibodies for our clients. The successful candidate is expected to have significant experiences in molecular biology and demonstrated success in antibody engineering using phage or yeast display libraries. The candidate is also expected highly motivated, flexible, and an adaptive team player.
- Conduct antibody phage display, molecular biology, and analytical data generation and analysis.
- Design and construct vectors and sub-clone hits into the expression vectors, and purify and characterize recombinant proteins in a high throughput manner.
- Work with internal team to characterize desired antibody properties in various affinity and activity assays, such as a plate or cells-based ELISA, FACS, and SPR, etc.
- Conduct engineering design to improve binders through affinity maturation or humanization.
- Generate hypotheses to test, troubleshoot issues, design, and execute experiments with collaborations of team members.
- Analyze and document the results in a detailed manner in ELN and in internal databases.
Required skills and Experience:
- M.S. with at least 6 years or Ph.D. with at least 4 years in Biological Sciences with laboratory experience in antibody engineering technologies, including at least one technology like phage or yeast display.
- Solid background in molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, plasmid prep, gel extraction, cloning, Gibson assembly, Sanger sequence analysis, NGS sequence analysis).
- Experience in cell biology, biochemistry, protein purification, antibody affinity and activity assays.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and scientific curiosity.
BIOCYTOGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at BIOCYTOGEN BOSTON CORP are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, disability, mental illness, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
|Office of Human Resources | [email protected]|