AACR 2021: Novel human B7-H3 knock-in mice demonstrate efficacy of anti-B7-H3 immunotherapy in vivo
- Beyond its immune regulatory roles, B7-H3 can promote tumor growth, invasion, migration, angiogenesis, and metastasis.
- To investigate B7-H3 function in vitro and evaluate in vivo efficacy of B7-H3 antibodies, Biocytogen generated a humanized B-hB7-H3 mouse model, and a human B7-H3-expressing MC38 cell line (hB7-H3-MC38).
- Anti-human B7-H3 antibodies showed robust anti-tumor efficacy in hB7-H3 MC38 and hB7-H3 EL4/B-hB7-H3 mice.
- Combined anti-human B7-H3 and anti-mouse PD-1 blockade further improved tumor inhibition compared to monotherapies.
- Humanized B-hB7-H3 mice are a powerful preclinical model for in vivo efficacy evaluation of human B7-H3 antibodies and combination therapies.