AACR 2023: A Novel EGFR x MUC1 Bispecific Antibody-Drug Conjugate, BSA01, Targets MUC1 Transmembrane Cleavage Products and Improves Tumor Selectivity
- Co-expression of EGFR and MUC1 in multiple solid tumors suggests that simultaneous targeting of EGFR and MUC1 with bsADC has the potential to enhance efficacy and improve safety.
- BSA01 is an EGFR- and MUC-1-targeting bsADC derived from the proprietary, RenLite® common light chain, fully human antibody mouse platform.
- BSA01 binds to MUC1-C* that remains membrane bound after cleavage, and exhibits excellent affinity and internalization activity.
- The EGFR arm of BSA01 was selected to have reduced binding and internalization capability, in order to reduce the known skin toxicity of EGFR targeting.
- BSA01 demonstrated potent anti-tumor activity in multiple CDX and PDX models, with improved efficacy over parental mAb ADCs and benchmark ADCs in certain models.