AACR 2021: Improved LAG-3 humanized knock-in mouse model for assessment of mono- and combination therapy strategies for cancer treatment
- LAG-3 is a negative regulator of immunity, such that inhibition of LAG-3 enhances the anti-tumor effect of specific CD8+ T cells.
- Biocytogen generated a humanized B-hLAG-3 mouse model, and an improved humanized B-hPD-1/hPD-L1/hLAG-3 mouse model to study mono- and combination therapies.
- B-hLAG-3 and B-hPD-1/hPD-L1/hLAG-3 mice do not exhibit changes in the overall development, differentiation or distribution of individual leukocyte subpopulations isolated from blood, lymph node and spleen.
- Combination therapy of anti-LAG-3 antibodies with anti-PD-1 (or anti-PD-L1) antibodies in the B-hPD-1/hPD-L1/hLAG-3 MC38 tumor model demonstrates synergistic inhibitory effects.
- B-hPD-1/hPD-L1/hLAG-3 mice are a powerful tool for preclinical assessment of novel therapeutics.