AACR 2021: SIGLEC15 humanized knock-in mice are a powerful tool to evaluate new therapies for cancer and osteoporosis
- Non-redundant to PD-L1, SIGLEC15 interacts with CD8 T cells, which results in suppression of anti-tumor immune responses.
- Biocytogen has generated a humanized B-hSIGLEC15 mouse model, and a human SIGLEC15-expressing MC38 cell line (hSIGLEC15-MC38) to address the need for both in vitro functional validation and in vivo efficacy evaluation of SIGLEC15 drug candidates.
- Homozygous B-hSIGLEC15 mice do not exhibit a change in the overall development, differentiation or distribution of leukocyte subpopulations isolated from spleen, lymph nodes, and blood.
- Anti-human SIGLEC15 antibodies showed modest tumor inhibition in B-hSIGLEC15 mice inoculated with hSIGLEC15-MC38 tumor cells.
- B-hSIGLEC15 mice can be used for in vivo efficacy evaluation of anti-human SIGLEC15 antibodies in immune normalization approaches for cancer treatment.